Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Amol Yadwadkar <Am...@mphasis.com> on 2006/01/16 06:55:00 UTC

How to create Dynamic Form elements using Struts ?

Hi List,

Can anyone let me know the way to create the dynamic form elements in
the Struts Page?

I mean I want to add the selectboxes/textboxes etc on the click of the
link.

Thanks in advance !!!!

Amol

Re: How to create Dynamic Form elements using Struts ?

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Amol Yadwadkar wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Can anyone let me know the way to create the dynamic form elements in
> the Struts Page?
>
> I mean I want to add the selectboxes/textboxes etc on the click of the
> link.

You mean you want to add the form elements dynamically on the client
side using Javascript (i.e. without making a request to the server)?

Struts doesn't include anything to support that, but any examples of
doing that in Javascript will work equally well with Struts. Just code
your Javascript to generate HTML that corresponds to what you'd get if
you generated the form eleemnt normally via JSP tags. You can 'view
source' on a server-side generated HTML page to see what you need to
generate in your Javascript.

L.