Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Utkarsh Dave <ut...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/06 08:46:13 UTC

Can we Enable SSL protocol in Tomcat 7.0.57 ?

Hi Team,

My project is planning to upgrade to Tomcat 7.0.57 that has the fix for
POODLE vulnerability and have the SSL protocol disable by default.
We were up till now using the manual configuration change in server.xml in
order to disable use of SSL.

My questions is that after upgrading to Tomcat 7.0.57, is there any similar
configuraion change available, through which we can re enable SSL protocols
again.

Please let me know if my question is not clear.
-Thanks
Utkarsh Dave

Re: Can we Enable SSL protocol in Tomcat 7.0.57 ?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Utkarsh,

On 1/7/15 1:57 AM, Utkarsh Dave wrote:
> Thanks for the response. So would the desired changes in server.xml
> will be sslEnabledProtocols="SSL,TLS"

I think you want sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2,SSLv3".
You might optionally want to enable SSLv2Hello as well if it doesn't
get done for you, and your clients require it.

- -chris

Posted by Utkarsh Dave <ut...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the response.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.