Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Andrej Golcov <an...@digiverse.si> on 2013/03/06 16:43:08 UTC

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #411: Renaming of ticket related resources should be reflected in Bloodhound Search results

Hi all,

t411_r1453349_renamig_of_ticket_related_resouces.diff [1] contains
patch of Trace code that adds support of IResourceChangeListener for
majority of Trac resources. The implementation provides backward
compatibility for existing I*ChangeListener interfaces.
There is only one exception: Repository/IRepositoryChangeListener. I
think, that more effort should spend for proper implementation and
unit-testing of Repository change listening events.  So, I suggest to
move forward with current implementation and return to
IRepositoryChangeListener later.

During implementation, I tried to find balance between minimization of
changes in Trac code and provide consistent behavior for all
resources.

As it was said more times on the dev mailing list, we rather use
commit-than-review than review-than-commit approach.But I consider
this patch as special case, since a lot of Trac code is changed and
that patch can potentially can break a lot of things. I would like to
ask community to review the patch before committing.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/attachment/ticket/411/t411_r1453349_renamig_of_ticket_related_resouces.diff

Cheers, Andrej

Posted by Jure Zitnik <ju...@digiverse.si>.
On 3/7/13 11:20 AM, Olemis Lang wrote:
> I replied yesterday . I don't think you are running BH MP test suite
> ... and IMHO you should ... if you get a clean test report , I'd have
> no objections (... if that at all matters ...) to committing your
> patch .

I can confirm that patch
t411_r1453349_renamig_of_ticket_related_resouces.diff does not break
anything when applied to the multiproduct branch (r1453768) ...
observation made based on the multiproduct test suite results ;)

Cheers,
Jure

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #411: Renaming of ticket related resources should be reflected in Bloodhound Search results

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
I replied yesterday . I don't think you are running BH MP test suite
... and IMHO you should ... if you get a clean test report , I'd have
no objections (... if that at all matters ...) to committing your
patch .
;)

On 3/7/13, Andrej Golcov <an...@digiverse.si> wrote:
>> Did u run the MP test suite ? What's the result ?
>
> Eh, previously posted on the wrong thread.
> In short, there are no new errors in test results.
>
> Cheers, Andrej

Olemis.

Apacheā„¢ Bloodhound contributor
http://issues.apache.org/bloodhound

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #411: Renaming of ticket related resources should be reflected in Bloodhound Search results

Posted by Andrej Golcov <an...@digiverse.si>.

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 3/6/13, Andrej Golcov <an...@digiverse.si> wrote:
> Hi all,