Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nathon <na...@chakabraka.com> on 2002/07/12 16:51:12 UTC

Environment variables incorrectly set (to 127.0.0.1)

Apologies for any breaches of etiquette, but could someone please help a relative newbie
with a problem that is causing considerable disruption to a hospital system I work on?

In short, we're running Apache 1.3.22 on a Solaris 8 box, with PHP 4.1.1. Everything
seems to work just fine, except that the environment variables SERVER_ADDR and
REMOTE_ADDR are set to '127.0.0.1' - even in the logs. The other environment vars are
fine.

There are no proxies involved (unless the Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator is an
issue?) and seeing as the system is a local intranet there should be no other firewall
or cache problems.

Certain directories have mod_rewrite rules applied to them, but not the directories in
question here.

I've trawled through httpd.conf (and php.ini) and come up with nothing. I've read
through the apache docs on setting environment variables, the php docs, the cgi
specification, and a thousand mailing lists and there's nothing that seems to offer a
solution. I have noticed that Google searches (for 'apache problems "REMOTE_ADDR
127.0.0.1"') and suchlike very often bring up phpinfo.php files where the same thing
seems to be occurring - but no clues as to what is causing this.

Thanks,

Nathon Dyche