Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Cross, David A." <Cr...@llnl.gov> on 2012/04/06 01:14:25 UTC

Hyperlink relation duplication

I just submitted this bug (53043), however, I was curious if anyone has an idea for a temporary work around:

Opening and saving an XSSF workbook using ss.usermodel results in all hyperlink
relations being duplicated in file/xl/worksheets/_rels/sheet.xml.rels. For
example create a worksheet (excel or poi) with a single cell entry & hyperlink.
This file will have a single relation entry in the location mentioned above.
Open file and save file using ss.usermodel with or without making modifications.  Now notice that
again in the location given above there is a second hyperlink relation in the
xml. This issue does not seem to affect how files are accessed, however this
has become a critical issue for me as I have a file with ~5000-10000 hyperlinks
that is opened and saved repeatedly. This results in all of the links being
duplicated each time and it doesn't take long before the xml.rels file size
exceeds several hundred Mb. This in turn seriously degrades performance.

Note opening file in excel and re-saving removes all duplicate rels entries.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

David