Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by bin0725 <bi...@126.com> on 2013/03/05 09:47:59 UTC

can the openoffice run in the unix?

Hello,

I want to use the java to change the html (word,excel,image and so on) to pdf with the openoffice ,but it will run in the unix.

How can I do it ?

Thank you

Re: can the openoffice run in the unix?

Posted by Peter Junge <pe...@gmx.org>.

James Lee <li...@oxdrove.co.uk> wrote:

>On 05/03/2013 18:24, Paul Gress wrote:
>> The only true Unix it runs on is Solaris, and only a pre-development
>> version at that.
>I'm running the current 3.4.1 release on regular Solaris 10 u11. [No
>"pre-development version" of AOO nor Solaris.]
>

>James.

This message was sent with my mobile phone. Please excuse brevity and errors.

Re: can the openoffice run in the unix?

Posted by Paul Gress <pg...@optonline.net>.
On 03/ 6/13 09:14 AM, James Lee wrote:
> On 05/03/2013 18:24, Paul Gress wrote:
>> The only true Unix it runs on is Solaris, and only a pre-development version at that.
> I'm running the current 3.4.1 release on regular Solaris 10 u11. [No "pre-development version" of AOO nor Solaris.]

Did you compile it yourself, the only version pre-compiled I can find is 3.4.0.  I'd be happy to install a later version.

I compiled my own for Solaris 11 with CUPS, so all my printers show up.  I haven't yet tried to compile a later version, my compiled version is 3.4.0 m1.  I'd really like to see what v4.0 has in store.

Paul

Re: can the openoffice run in the unix?

Posted by James Lee <li...@oxdrove.co.uk>.

Posted by Paul Gress <pg...@optonline.net>.
On 03/ 5/13 03:47 AM, bin0725 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to use the java to change the html (word,excel,image and so on) to pdf with the openoffice ,but it will run in the unix.
>
> How can I do it ?
>
> Thank you

Hi there,

I have a question and possibly an answer.

I don't understand why java to change the html, can you explain?

Openoffice runs on Linux (most people consider it Unix).  The only true Unix it runs on is Solaris, and only a pre-development version at that.  Openoffice can convert any document to pdf that it can successfully open, the OS doesn't matter.

The Solaris version is available at:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots

or:

http://www.openfoundry.org/of/projects/1201/download

The Linux versions are available from the main download page:

http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html

Paul