Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2022/09/08 11:29:36 UTC

Suggestions for changes to code file layout

1/ We have a number of retired modules:

   apache-jena-osgi
   jena-csv
   jena-elephas
   jena-fuseki1
   jena-maven-tools
   jena-sdb
   jena-spatial
   jena-text-es

Each has a README that explains how to retrieve the code from git.

That's 8 of total of 29 top level modules.

Proposal: move these in an "archive/" directory.

2/ Move jena-tdb2 up to the top level from inside jena-db/ to make it
more findable. (After PR #1514 which makes

3/ It is tempting to change jena-tdb/ directory to jena-tdb1/ (maven
artifact not renamed) as well for clarity.

     Andy

Re: Suggestions for changes to code file layout

Posted by aj...@apache.org.
+1 to that note, and +1 to git rm.

Adam

Posted by Bruno Kinoshita <br...@gmail.com>.
Looks good to me! +1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Like this?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bruno Kinoshita <ki...@apache.org>.
Sounds good.

Posted by "rvesse@dotnetrdf.org" <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.
+1 to all three suggestions

For 1 maybe also a README inside archive that explains the purpose of that folder

Rob