Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de> on 2015/06/01 22:25:31 UTC

[lang] Regression in StrSubstitutor?

Hi,

I just tried to update the [lang] dependency in [configuration] from
3.3.2 to 3.4. However, after this switch there are a bunch of test failures.

AFAICT, these errors are related to string substitution. Variables in a
string used to locate a configuration file are suddenly no longer
replaced. Browsing the change report, this seems to be related to
LANG-1055. IIUC, the lookup object for system properties is now
initialized with a copy of the current system properties. The tests in
[configuration] change system properties after creating the object.
These changes are now no longer reflected.

How should we handle this?
Oliver

Re: [lang] Regression in StrSubstitutor?

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello Oliver,

I've commented on LANG-1141. Your patch looks good to me.

Benedikt

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello Oliver,