Posted to announce@apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/11/24 08:10:55 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons Daemon 1.1.0 Released

The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the availability of
Apache Commons Daemon 1.1.0.

The Apache Commons Daemon software library provides a generic Daemon
(unix) or Service (Windows) wrapper for Java code.

Version 1.1.0 is a maintenance release with a particular focus of
providing support for Java 9 along with numerous other bug fixes.

A full list of changes can be found at
  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/changes-report.html

Source and binary distributions are available for download from the
Apache Commons download site:

http://commons.us.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/download_daemon.cgi

Please verify signatures using the KEYS file available at the above
location when downloading the release.

For complete information on Commons Daemon, including
instructions on how to submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for
improvement, see the Apache Commons Daemon website:

http://commons.us.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/

Mark, on behalf of the Apache Commons community

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons Daemon 1.1.0 Released

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Sorry for the noise.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Fri, 24 Nov 2017 11:25:31 +0000, sebb wrote:
> On 24 November 2017 at 08:10, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the availability of
>> Apache Commons Daemon 1.1.0.
>>
>> The Apache Commons Daemon software library provides a generic Daemon
>> (unix) or Service (Windows) wrapper for Java code.
>>
>> Version 1.1.0 is a maintenance release with a particular focus of
>> providing support for Java 9 along with numerous other bug fixes.
>>
>> A full list of changes can be found at
>>
>> http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/changes-report.html
>>
>> Source and binary distributions are available for download from the
>> Apache Commons download site:
>>

>> http://commons.us.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/download_daemon.cgi
>
> See below.
>
>> Please verify signatures using the KEYS file available at the above
>> location when downloading the release.
>>
>> For complete information on Commons Daemon, including
>> instructions on how to submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions
>> for
>> improvement, see the Apache Commons Daemon website:
>>
>> http://commons.us.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/
>
> Why do these URLs use the host commons.US.apache.org ?
> Is that intentional?

And shouldn't the protocol be "https"? ;-)

Gilles

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.