Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2009/09/14 11:32:33 UTC

jsr-330 TCK

Hi!

Bob today announced that they will release a TCK for JSR-330.

My Question: I'm still not sure if JSR-299 is 100% 330 compliant or if we only use the same annotations to have some 'basic' similarity.

So, should OWB (and other 299 containers) also comply with this TCK or only with the 299er suite?

LieGrue,
strub

Re: jsr-330 TCK

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
I think this way we have to think how we are going to support JSR-330
in OWB and how not to make both JSR(s) conflict with each other while
implementing OWB.

Is there a way in JCP to make like a co-ordination board to
co-ordinate between one or more JSR, or JSR-299 should make some
changes - for one more time :S - to explain how to comply with JSR-330
?

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: jsr-330 TCK

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Got answers from Pete:

Re: jsr-330 TCK

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.

Re: jsr-330 TCK

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: jsr-330 TCK

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Folks,

We have been implementing the JSR-299 specification not JSR-330. So we have to pass the JSR-299 TCK. But if  the JSR-299 TCK implies that any compatible implementation must also pass the JSR-330 TCK, then it may necessary ti implement it.

--Gurkan

________________________________

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: jsr-330 TCK

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
My thoughts were into the direction: is the JSR-299 spec really designed to be 100% based on (and compatible with) JSR-330?

There are a few oddities (e.g. @NormalScope vs pseudoscope) where I'm note sure...

LieGrue,
strub

Re: jsr-330 TCK

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: jsr-330 TCK

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
> Well, I am rather curious, how this
> TCK will look like ;)
that's another point. The 330 is _very_ thin (others may say 'vague'). So we'd have to make sure that the TCK doesn't require anything which isn't defined in the spec itself.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Sven Linstaedt <sv...@googlemail.com>.