Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by stefan oberbichler <st...@gmx.at> on 2007/06/20 10:23:26 UTC

Re: Access portal user information in JSF Portlet application

Don't know if this issue is solved?!

Generally it would be nice to post the solution (if found) too ...

So ...

Here is what worked out for me (myfaces + liferay 4.2.2):

in portlet.xml add:

<user-attribute>
     <name>user.name.given</name>
 </user-attribute>
 <user-attribute>
     <name>user.name.family</name>
 </user-attribute>

retrieve name:

ExternalContext context=getContext();
    if(context==null) return "defaultName";

    Object requestObj=context.getRequest();

    if(requestObj instanceof PortletRequest) {
        Map userInfo=(Map)
((PortletRequest)requestObj).getAttribute(PortletRequest.USER_INFO);

       String userName =
        (userInfo!=null) ? (String)
userInfo.get("user.name.given")+"_"+(String)
userInfo.get("user.name.family") : null;
}