Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Eric Hamacher <er...@enetrix.com> on 2008/06/30 21:15:16 UTC

Commons IO FileUtils question

Hello:

I took a file on my filesystem, copied and renamed it.  I took the two
files and compared them using FileUtils.contentEquals(File, File).  In
this case, shouldn't the method return true?  If not, when would it
return true?

Thanks

Regards,

Eric Hamacher

******************************

THIS EMAIL IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE REVIEW OF THE ADDRESSEE(S), AND MAY
CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND LEGALLY PRIVILEGED INFORMATION. INTERCEPTION,
COPYING, DISSEMINATION, OR OTHER USE BY OTHER THAN THE ADDRESSEE(S) IS
PROHIBITED AND MAY BE PENALIZED UNDER APPLICABLE PRIVACY LAWS. IF YOU
RECEIVED THIS EMAIL IN ERROR, PLEASE DELETE IT AND NOTIFY ME BY RETURN
EMAIL TO eric.hamacher@enetrix.com *******************************

RE: Commons IO FileUtils question

Posted by Eric Hamacher <er...@enetrix.com>.
Everything is working fine now.  Don't know what was going on before.
Thanks for all the feedback!

Eric

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.