Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by mehant baid <ba...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/19 03:20:39 UTC

cannot set parameter oozie.auth.token.cache

Hey All,

I am completely new to Oozie and the hadoop ecosystem so please forgive my
stupid question.

I am trying to disable the optimization to use the cached token for
authentication. I tried adding a new property in oozie-site.xml like the
following

<property>
<name>oozie.auth.token.cache</name>
<value>false</value>
<description>If set it will cache the token in the user's home directory
</description>
</property>

I made the above change in oozie-site.xml, restarted oozie and removed the
cached token in my home directory but that didn't work and oozie was still
caching the token and reading from this cache for future authentication
requests.

I glanced at the code (OozieCli: main()) and I see that we get value of
this property from the System directly and never look at the config file. I
might be totally off on this.

I am running oozie-3.3.0. Please help me disable this caching.

Thanks
Mehant