Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul <pa...@nosphere.org> on 2009/04/06 17:12:33 UTC

Inheriting profiles activation

Hi,

Using maven-2.1.0 and having a multimodules project with the following layout
:

parent-project
  foo
    foo-api
    foo-flavourA
    foo-flavourB
  bar
    bar-api
    bar-flavourA
    bar-flavourB

I'm trying to add profiles that allows to skip flavourA and flavourB build.

So I added two profiles with activation nodes in the parent project and tried
to use theses profiles in modules foo and bar to include/exclude flavour
modules.

Using mvn help:active-profiles on the parent-project show actives profiles as
expected but the modules declarations in modules are ignored.

I've read that the following issue is fixed in 2.1.0 but I'm not sure it
covers the very same use case : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3228

Is this expected ? Am I doing something wrong ?

/Paul

See pom snippets showing profiles declarations below :

parent-project pom :
====================

<profiles>
    <profile>
        <id>flavourA</id>
        <activation>
            <property>
                <name>!flavourA.skip</name>
            </property>
        </activation>
    </profile>
    <profile>
        <id>flavourB</id>
        <activation>
            <property>
                <name>!flavourB.skip</name>
            </property>
        </activation>
    </profile>
</profiles>

foo pom :
=========

<profiles>
    <profile>
        <id>flavourA</id>
        <modules>
            <module>foo-flavourA</module>
        </modules>
    </profile>
    <profile>
        <id>flavourB</id>
        <modules>
            <module>foo-flavourB</module>
        </modules>
    </profile>
</profiles>

Re: Inheriting profiles activation declared in a parent pom.xml

Posted by Paul <pa...@nosphere.org>.
Martin,

Thanks for your answer.

Le vendredi 10 avril 2009 15:04:15, Martin Gainty a écrit :
> this will help
Unfortunately it did not because I don't have any issue creating profiles
activated by properties (negated or not). I have an issue regarding activation
inheritance in multi-modules maven projects, the activation condition
declaration being inside the parent pom (ie. versionned) and not in
settings.xml (ie. workstation scoped).

/Paul

RE: Inheriting profiles activation

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
this will help
in your pom.xml enable filtering
      <filtering>true</filtering>in settings.xml establish a profile which will be activated by setting environment var
  <profile>
  <id>foo-development</id>
    <activation>
      <property>
        <name>!environment</name>
     </property>
    </activation>
   <properties>
   <webserviceEndpointUrl>http://localhost:8080/services/myservice</webserviceEndpointUrl>
  </properties>
</profile>

in pom.xml setup the profile to be activated:
  <profile>
    <id>production</id>
    <activation>
      <property>
        <name>environment</name>
        <value>production</value>
      </property>
    </activation>
    <properties>
      <webserviceEndpointUrl>http://www.acme.com/services/myservice</webserviceEndpointUrl>
    </properties>
  </profile>
  <profile>//to activate the production profile type -Denvironment=production
mvn>mvn -Denvironment=production

http://techpolesen.blogspot.com/2007/08/maven-profiles-activation-by-property.html

HTH
Martin
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung / Note de déni et de confidentialité

Posted by Paul <pa...@nosphere.org>.