Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rishikesh Gawade <ri...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/30 06:31:58 UTC

.m2 repository migration

Hello. I would like to migrate my central maven repo, i.e. .m2 from one
machine to another machine. Is it possible? If YES, then could you please
describe the steps and guide me through? Would be grateful.
Thanks.
Regards,
Rishikesh

RE: .m2 repository migration

Posted by Francois MAROT <fr...@gmail.com>.
Yaron is right: you may find problems in your build by NOT moving the
.m2/repository folder. You may discover that specific files were available
only in your local repo and not anywhere else (Maven Central or your local
proxy such as Archiva/Artifactory/Nexus). And this is a good time to
discover bad practise in your build.
But the answer to the original question is YES, simply copy the directory
.m2/repository and inspect any specific setting in .m2/settings.xml.

--
Sent from: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Users-f40176.html

RE: .m2 repository migration

Posted by "Golan, Yaron" <yg...@intl.att.com>.
I would suggest you NOT to copy anything.
Let maven download whatever it needs.

This will be a test for you, verifying that all your pom.xml files are correct and your builds are reproducible on any machine.

and do you see any problem with just copying the '.m2' folder from machine to machine?

My guess is that the 'settings.xml' file may deserve your inspection if you have anything special in it...

Regards,
Sergey

Re: .m2 repository migration

Posted by "USHAKOV, Sergey" <s-...@yandex.ru>.