Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/23 05:07:39 UTC

Multicast Discovery and network connections

I've had problems with the multicast discovery in activemq when a network
connection isn't present, as well as others.  Is that really an expected
behavior?  Is there any reason that activemq couldn't gracefully handle that
situation by just logging a message until the network connection is
available?

Ryan

Re: Multicast Discovery and network connections

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
that error seems more like multicast is not supported rather than there is
no network. If you disable multicast discovery/publish, can the regular tcp
transport connector start and listen?

Unfortunately there is no retry on the inital start procedure of activemq.
If a configured services are not available the exception propagates through
to effect a failure. I guess this is mainly this is because a broker with no
network or no store, for example, is not very useful.

--
http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: Multicast Discovery and network connections

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.

--
http://blog.garytully.com