Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Da...@lotus.com on 2000/05/18 16:04:55 UTC

Re: xsl:call-template "issue"

>Never mind; if I had just read the error msg,
>I would have seen that it is not allowed/supported.

Let's try reading the message my way. It said:
xsl:call-template not allowed inside a stylesheet!

That means that xsl:call-template is not allowed as a
child of xsl:stylesheet. If it were a child of
xsl:template, it would have worked as expected.

I'll file a bug report that says that the error message
can be misleading. But Xalan implements call-template
100%.

Here's why you need the xsl:template around it: you
need to specify the circumstances under which the
<out> element is output.
.................David Marston