Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Wes Williams <ww...@pivotal.io> on 2015/06/20 04:34:46 UTC

GEODE-20 Git push question

I just re-merged my GEODE-20 REST API changes, tested and trying to push
into the repo but git is challenging me. git cannot locate my refspec.
Following the instructions at:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=57903992

I'm at (11) where it says:
git push --set-upstream origin feature/GEODE-20
and I'm getting:
wwilliams@Wes:~/Documents/git/apachegeode/incubator-geode $ git push
--set-upstream origin feature/GEODE-20
error: src refspec feature/GEODE-20 does not match any.
error: failed to push some refs to '
https://github.com/wwilliams-pivotal/incubator-geode.git'

This may be due to the instruction back at (7) when it said:
Now, start committing on your feature. When done, use:
git flow feature finish GEODE-20

In harmony with (7), I issued the got flow finish after the commmit.

How do I push the changes?

Thanks,
*Wes Williams | Pivotal Sr. **Data Engineer*
781.606.0325
http://pivotal.io/big-data/pivotal-gemfire

Re: GEODE-20 Git push question

Posted by Wes Williams <ww...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks for the assist William.  Pull request done.  A committer with write
privileges needs to merge.

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.
Comments inline...