Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sergio <sn...@alu.ua.es> on 2001/08/16 21:22:30 UTC

Cannot get a Poolable before pool initialized

Hi
I'm working with Cocoon 2

I receive this message when I try to create a connection with a datasource.
The configuration of datasource in cocoon.xconf is:

  <datasources>
    <jdbc name="dbpccom">
      <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
      <auto-commit>false</auto-commit>
      <dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/pccom</dburl>
      <user>pccom</user>
      <password></password>
    </jdbc>
  </datasources>

When I try to access to DB without any datasource it works fine:

<esql:connection>
  <esql:driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</esql:driver>
  <esql:dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/pccom</esql:dburl>
  <esql:username>pccom</esql:username>
  <esql:password></esql:password>
  <esql:autocommit>false</esql:autocommit>
</esql:connection>

But if I try to use the datasource:

<esql:connection>
  <esql:pool>dbpccom</esql:pool>
</esql:connection>

that is the error:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
ServerPagesGenerator.generate():java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get
the datasource java.sql.SQLException: You cannot get a Poolable before the
pool is initialized

¿how can I initialize the pool?

Re: Cannot get a Poolable before pool initialized

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
If you have a version of Cocoon that is compiled with the latest
Avalon jars (Excalibur/Framework/LogKit), you can add in the element
<driver>com.company.jdbc.CompanyDriver</driver> and have it loaded
that way.  Otherwise, you _must_ load your driver with the "load-class"
initial parameter specified in web.xml.

Check the FAQ.

Also, with the next version of Excalibur, you will get better error
reporting so that it will tell you what to do.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Xavier Haurie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just joined the list, searched the archive, but didn't find an answer to this
> question:

Did you check the FAQ?

> The download Cocoon-2.0b2.tar.gz     gives me a directory checksum error when I
> untar it
> on Solaris 8. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a Linux-specific archive?
>
> Thanks in advance

Try downloading it again.  The archives are signed, so check the
signature.  That will tell you immediately if there was a problem
downloading the archive.

Posted by Xavier Haurie <Xa...@analog.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
florent barbare wrote:

> I have the same errors. i'm looking for a solution too...

Read the FAQ, and try the solutions there.  Read the list,
and check the list archives--the solutions have been discussed
many times already.

Posted by Sergio <sn...@alu.ua.es>.
Hi

Ok it's going on

I've checked the log file and found a bit number of silly errors.
Today when I wake up every thing goes ok.

Thanks for your help. (Next time I will check the log file paying more
attention to the warn
messages)

Posted by java guru <ja...@yahoo.co.in>.
Should be ok..
  Please start c2 and check log...

take care

 --- Sergio <sn...@alu.ua.es> wrote: > Hi, thanks for
your answers.

> In my web.xml file, I've:
>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>load-class</param-name>
>       <param-value>
>       org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
>       </param-value>
>     </init-param>
>
> Is it ok or not?
>
> Regards.
>

> > Hi.,
> >   As per my experience..poolable ... problems are
> > basically caused by the c2 not able to negotiate
> the
> > jdbc connection and the reasons could be ..
> >
> > 1. The database is not up(which should not be case
> > here)..
> >
> > 2. Pool name is wrong(which should not be case
> here)..
> >
> > 3. The driver is not loaded properly(which may be
> case
> > here)..
> >
> > >From the example you noted here, the case where
> you
> > are <esql:driver> is working fine..which mean in
> case
> > of <datasources> the driver is not
> loaded(guessing)..
> >
> > Please make sure the driver class name is
> specified in
> > web.xml under load-class param..
> >
> > and also make sure in the cocoon.log that you see
> the
> > driver class loaded...
> >

> > Hope this helps..
> > have g'day
> >

> >  --- florent barbare <f....@netia.fr> wrote: >
> > have the same errors. i'm looking for a solution
> > > too...
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Florent

=====
Thanks and have great day
srini

Re: Cannot get a Poolable before pool initialized

Posted by Sergio <sn...@alu.ua.es>.
Hi, thanks for your answers.

Posted by java guru <ja...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi.,
  As per my experience..poolable ... problems are
basically caused by the c2 not able to negotiate the
jdbc connection and the reasons could be ..

1. The database is not up(which should not be case
here)..

2. Pool name is wrong(which should not be case here)..

3. The driver is not loaded properly(which may be case
here)..

>From the example you noted here, the case where you
are <esql:driver> is working fine..which mean in case
of <datasources> the driver is not loaded(guessing)..

Please make sure the driver class name is specified in
web.xml under load-class param..

and also make sure in the cocoon.log that you see the
driver class loaded...

Hope this helps..
have g'day

 --- florent barbare <f....@netia.fr> wrote: > I
have the same errors. i'm looking for a solution
> too...
>
> Thanks
>
> Florent

=====
Thanks and have great day
srini

RE: Cannot get a Poolable before pool initialized

Posted by florent barbare <f....@netia.fr>.