Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Spitzley, Kai, VF-DE" <ka...@vodafone.com> on 2005/06/02 16:57:14 UTC

Version Combinations (Tomcat, OS, JDK)

Greetings,

is there a compatibility chart for combinations of OSes and Tomcat/JDK
Versions ?
(i.e. What JDK is recommended/supported in Tomcat 4.1.29 on Solaris 8)

BEA has such has a chart for Weblogic:
http://e-docs.bea.com/platform/suppconfigs/configs70/70_over/overview.ht
ml

Thus I was wondering whether a similar thing exist for Tomcat ?

take care,

Kai

Re: Version Combinations (Tomcat, OS, JDK)

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Spitzley, Kai, VF-DE wrote:
> is there a compatibility chart for combinations of OSes and Tomcat/JDK
> Versions ?

No.

> (i.e. What JDK is recommended/supported in Tomcat 4.1.29 on Solaris 8)

This is in the documentation (RUNNING.TXT) but the short answer is:
4.1.x - 1.2 or later
5.0.x - 1.3 or later
5.5.x - 5.0 (aka 1.5) or 1.4 with the compat package

Mark