Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Alexander Pivovarov <ap...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/04 20:12:39 UTC

hive-jdbc-standalone,jar missing org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration

Hi Everyone

If I try to open jdbc connection having just one hive-jdc-standalone.jar in
classpath I get ClassNotFoundException org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration

I checked jdbc/pom.xml - it excludes all artifacts from org.apache.hadoop
when building standalone.jar

Should we include  hadoop-common classes to hive-jdbc-standalone.jar?

My understanding is that using just one jar hive-jdc-standalone.jar should
be enough to open jdbc connection. Correct me if I'm wrong.