Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Harrison, Andy" <An...@tuiski.com> on 2009/07/10 15:26:59 UTC

Extending Enclosure

Hi guys,

This may be a strange request, but I'm a little stumped at the moment.
So far, we have a custom tag <wicket:feature key="blah"/> that is
resolved using an IComponentResolver, turning the tag into a label based
on the Model object contents for the key specified.  This all works well
and good, but leaves large gaps in the Markup when the model does not
contain the specified key, due to the Markup that exists around the tag.

I was hoping to be able to utilise or extend the <wicket:enclosure> tags
to hide the surrounding Markup (as in the example below).  Having looked
at the Enclosure, EnclosureHandler and EnclosureResolver, I am becoming
a little stumped.  I figure I could add a new IMarkupFilter to do the
job, but cannot find the correct hook into the MarkupParser to add one.
If anyone could possibly guide me in the right direction (even a yes/no,
it can/can't be done) I would appreciate it.

E.g.

<wicket:enclosure>

      <wicket:feature key="blah">Stuff goes here</wicket:feature>

</wicket:enclosure>

Many thanks

Andrew

CarbonNeutral?  office

Thomson.co.uk for Holidays, Flights, Hotels, customer reviews and over 2000 videos. Find us at www.thomson.co.uk, Sky 637 or on your high street.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE & DISCLAIMER

This message, together with any attachments, is for the confidential and exclusive use of the intended addresses(s). If you receive it in error, please delete the message and its attachments from your system immediately and notify us by return e-mail. Do not disclose copy, circulate or use any information contained in this e-mail.
(1) The content of this e-mail is to be read subject to our terms of business, as applicable.
(2) E-mail may be intercepted or affected by viruses and we accept no responsibility for any interception or liability for any form of viruses introduced with this e-mail.
(3) The sender shall remain solely accountable for any statements, representations or opinions that are clearly his or her own and not made in the course of employment.
(4) For risk, protection and security purposes, we may monitor e-mails and take appropriate action.
Registered Office: TUI Travel House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9QL

TUI Travel PLC, Registered in England and Wales (Number 6072876)
TUI Northern Europe Limited, Registered in England and Wales (Number 3490138)
TUI UK Limited, Registered in England and Wales (Number 2830117) ; VAT Number: 233 3687 62
Thomson Airways Limited, Registered in England and Wales (Number 444359); VAT Number: 490 2120 79

Telephone: +44 (0)24 7628 2828 | Fax: +44 (0)24 7628 2844 | IT Helpdesk: +44 (0)20 7383 1555 | IT E-mail: Postmaster@thomson.co.uk

Re: Extending Enclosure

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
markup settings has a markup parser factory. you can pull it out and
create a decorator that delegates creation of markup parser to the
default factory and then before returning it uses
markupparser.appendfilter() to install your own markup filters.

-igor