Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by bruce <be...@earthlink.net> on 2004/09/15 19:49:03 UTC

obtaining the version number from svn..

also, within svn, i can do a 'svn log svn://...' and get the logged
information for a file. is there a more concise way to obtain a list of
version numbers for a given file???

thanks..

-bruce

RE: obtaining the version number from svn..

Posted by bruce <be...@earthlink.net>.
what i'm going to need to do is be able to do something like..

svncmd svn:\\foo.com\svn\dir\file

and return a list

 file v1
 file v2
 file v3

i'd like the version numbers to be reflective of when the file was actually
changed/modified if possible, hence the interest in the committed version...

if i can actually derive the information, i can always write a regex to
extract what i need...

thanks

bruce

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
C. Michael Pilato wrote:
> "bruce" <be...@earthlink.net> writes:
>

>>also, within svn, i can do a 'svn log svn://...' and get the logged
>>information for a file. is there a more concise way to obtain a list of
>>version numbers for a given file???
>

> Client-side, no.  But server-side, you can use 'svnlook history',
> which is more concise.

Well, if he's just looking to reduce the amount printed out, svn log
does have a -q flag that supresses the actual log messages.

-garrett

Re: obtaining the version number from svn..

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.