Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Yasser Zamani <ya...@live.com> on 2013/10/01 14:47:21 UTC

what would you think if we did this? (about struts-jquery, ajax and template/**/*.ftl)

Hi there,

I am Yasser and new to this mail-list and also happy :). I live with
struts for one year and found it so lovable. Before, I was at .NET
development for 6 years and awarded Microsoft Visual C# MVP 2011.

OK! Recently, I tried to have a vertical '<sj:checkboxlist' in our
project. I tried to address it by adding a modified
'/template/simple/checkboxlist.ftl' file but after some working, I found
out that ftl files have no effect on such tags because they're planed to
load via client-side ajax. I carefully reviewed
'struts2-jquery-plugin-3.2.0.jar' contents and I understood that the
template of such tags have been hard-coded by some javascript files like
'/template/js/base/jquery.ui.button.js' inside the jar file.

What would you think if we also provide a 'user template' solution for
struts-jquery tags (e.g. <sj:checkboxlist vertical=true)? I have some
ideas about how to implement this but firstly, I would like to know this
issue current state and ideas if any.

Thanks in advance.