Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Louisa M <la...@web.de> on 2011/08/02 17:36:40 UTC

Problem with wordwrapping in a PDF with japanese language

Hi All, and sorry for my english,

I generate PDF with XML, XSLT and Apache-FOP. The text-content for this PDF,
is making by users in a interface. But I have a problem with users from
Japan. When they write text, they are using  apparently no blanks between
the words. So the line are not wrapped and crashes my PDF layout.

Can I solve this problem with the XSLT stylesheet?

Thank you very much in advance.

Louisa

Re: Problem with wordwrapping in a PDF with japanese language

Posted by Louisa M <la...@web.de>.
I found a very easy solution for my problem.
I write this attribute in the <fo:block.. statement: hyphenate="true"

<fo:block font-family="MSMincho" font-size="10pt" font-weight="normal"
hyphenate="true">

Re: Problem with wordwrapping in a PDF with japanese language

Posted by Louisa M <la...@web.de>.
thank you very much for your suggestion,

now I have a good start to learn and try out in the right direction

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Louis,

you can add the ZWSP at XSLT stage, before and/or after each Japanese glyph.
You can do that in a pure XSLT recursive loop, or using an embedded
script (technology will depend on what XSLT engine you use).

--
Pascal

Re: Problem with wordwrapping in a PDF with japanese language

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi Louisa,

You need to insert ZWSP char (&#x200b;) where you expect a line break.
This will add a break opportunity in your text line.

--
Pascal