Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/20 16:55:36 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Ivy as a subproject of Ant

Hi,

As discussed recently on this mailing list [1], I would like to start a
community vote to decide if the Ivy community feels ready to graduate as a
subproject of Ant.

The graduation guide [2] can be used as a basis to collect information about
what is usually necessary to graduate.

Note that this is only a community vote, and is the first of three votes
required for graduation, as explained in the graduation guide [2].

[ ] Yes, I think the Ivy podling is ready to graduate as a subproject of Ant
[ ] No, I don't think the Ivy podling is ready to graduate as a subproject
of Ant because ...

Everybody is welcome to voice his opinion. Cast your votes!

Xavier

[1] http://www.nabble.com/What-about-Graduation--tf4447692.html
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Ivy as a subproject of Ant

Posted by Martin Aubele <ma...@gmx.de>.
[x] Yes, I think the Ivy podling is ready to graduate as a subproject of Ant

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Ivy as a subproject of Ant

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
[x] Yes, me too

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

[RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Ivy as a subproject of Ant

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
Here are the results of Ivy Graduation community vote (collected on three
mailing lists):
13 +1:
Xavier Hanin
Martin Aubele
Jeremy Daggett
Erik-Berndt Scheper
Maarten Coene
Stefan Bodewig
Gilles Scokart
Kevin Jackson
Matthieu Riou
Steve Loughran
Eelco Hillenius
Martijn Dashorst
Peter Reilly

no 0s, and no -1s

We can conclude the Ivy community feels the Ivy podling ready to graduate as
a sub project of Ant.

Now it's time for Ant PMC vote, followed by Incubator vote!

Xavier

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Ivy as a subproject of Ant

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 9/20/07, Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As discussed recently on this mailing list [1], I would like to start a
> community vote to decide if the Ivy community feels ready to graduate as a
> subproject of Ant.
>
> The graduation guide [2] can be used as a basis to collect information about
> what is usually necessary to graduate.
>
> Note that this is only a community vote, and is the first of three votes
> required for graduation, as explained in the graduation guide [2].
>
> [ ] Yes, I think the Ivy podling is ready to graduate as a subproject of Ant
> [ ] No, I don't think the Ivy podling is ready to graduate as a subproject
> of Ant because ...
>
> Everybody is welcome to voice his opinion. Cast your votes!
>
> Xavier
>
> [1] http://www.nabble.com/What-about-Graduation--tf4447692.html
> [2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
> http://xhab.blogspot.com/
> http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/
> http://www.xoocode.org/

Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta3 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-beta3/

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Ivy as a subproject of Ant

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Xavier Hanin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As discussed recently on this mailing list [1], I would like to start a
> community vote to decide if the Ivy community feels ready to graduate as a
> subproject of Ant.
>
> The graduation guide [2] can be used as a basis to collect information about
> what is usually necessary to graduate.
>
> Note that this is only a community vote, and is the first of three votes
> required for graduation, as explained in the graduation guide [2].

[+1 ] Yes, I think the Ivy podling is ready to graduate as a subproject
of Ant
  [ ] No, I don't think the Ivy podling is ready to graduate as a subproject
  of Ant because ...

-steve

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Ivy as a subproject of Ant

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And what about the mailing lists?  I didn't found any mailing for
> ant subprojects.  Does that means that we will have to migrate
> ivy-commits and ivy-dev into ant-dev, and ivy-user into ant-user?

No, I think we'd keep them separate.

The antlibs haven't created enough traffic to warrant lists of their
own, I tink Ivy is different.

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Ivy as a subproject of Ant

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
And what about  the mailing lists?  I didn't found any mailing for ant
subprojects.  Does that means that we will have to migrate ivy-commits and
ivy-dev into ant-dev, and ivy-user into ant-user?

Gilles

--
Gilles SCOKART

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Ivy as a subproject of Ant

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 9/24/07, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> traditionally Ant has used a single access control list for Ant and
> all its subprojects (antlibs).  This means all three Ivy committers
> would become Ant committers and all Ant committers (current and
> future) would become Ivy committers.
>
> If this setup changes your opinion on whether you'd like to graduate
> as an Ant subproject, please speak up.

No problem for me.

Xavier

Stefan

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
No problem for me to share the same access control list.

Gilles

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> [X ] Yes, I think the Ivy podling is ready to graduate as a subproject of Ant

As an interested 3rd party, not as a anyone with a vote worth anything
in Ivy terms :)

Kev

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Ivy as a subproject of Ant

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

> [X] Yes, I think the Ivy podling is ready to graduate as a subproject of
> Ant

Xavier

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Ivy as a subproject of Ant

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
Oups, I made a reply to without looking at the adress, and it seems that my
mail was sent at general@incubator.apache.org.

Anyway, my vote is the same.

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.

--
Gilles SCOKART

RE: [VOTE] Graduate Ivy as a subproject of Ant

Posted by "Daggett, Jeremy" <je...@hp.com>.

> [X] Yes, I think the Ivy podling is ready to graduate as a subproject
> of Ant

~jd

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Ivy as a subproject of Ant

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [X] Yes, I think the Ivy podling is ready to graduate as a
> subproject of Ant

I think as a mentor and PPMC member I may count as part of the
community ;-)

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Ivy as a subproject of Ant

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Scheper, Erik-Berndt" <er...@sogeti.nl>.
[x] Yes, I think the Ivy podling is ready to graduate as a subproject of
Ant

Regards,
Erik-Berndt Scheper

Disclaimer:
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Sogeti Nederland B.V. or its Group members. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.