Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sausarkar <sa...@ebay.com> on 2012/08/04 01:29:12 UTC

SolrCloud - load balancing

Do anyone know if query using CommonsHttpSolrServer on SolrCloud is
automatically load balanced? I am trying to load test using solrmeter on one
if the node I am seeing all the nodes seems to be hit. Any clues

Re: SolrCloud - load balancing

Posted by sausarkar <sa...@ebay.com>.
actually I noticing that the CommonsHttpSolrServer seems to load balancing by
hitting all servers in the cluster, just wanted to confirm if that is the
case.

Re: SolrCloud - load balancing

Posted by sausarkar <sa...@ebay.com>.
Hi Mark,

You are referring to the CloudSolrServer not CommonsHttpSolrServer right?
does the CommonsHttpSolrServer also round robin?

Do you recommend any tool for load testing SolrCloud?

Thanks,

Sauvik

Re: SolrCloud - load balancing

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Okay - it does basically cycle through the servers. I forgot, it shuffles the server list every time.

So it's okay for searching - but we want to make it smarter for indexing.

First perhaps by favoring leaders, and then hashing itself and sending directly to the right leader.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.