Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by qza <ko...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/31 08:18:37 UTC

Re: Random port listening on 0.0.0.0 for tcp transport

Thanks pheitman. You already helped me figuring out what the hell is opening
this random port on 0.0.0.0. After I stopped the application port gets
closed.
Have you been able to figure out how to solve this?

Re: Random port listening on 0.0.0.0 for tcp transport

Posted by qza <ko...@gmail.com>.
There is a guide on how to define local host and port for Socket.
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-define-a-local-address-and-local-port-for-tcp-or-ssl.html

This looks little strange together with
TcpTransportFactory.createTransport(location,wireformat) method that is
parsing the connection string.

Anyway,  I expected this to finally work but still nothing. Now when there
is a localAddress TcpTransport.connect() tries to bind socket to port
instead of opening connection. This causes JVM_BIND address already in used.

To me it looks like this can't be done. I would appreciate any help with
this 'unusual' local setup.