Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2014/09/15 15:18:56 UTC

Welcome Tim Bish as a Qpid committer (was Re: Proton-based AMQP 1.0 JMS client collaboration)

On 09/08/2014 09:31 AM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> As many of you know, there is work going on within Qpid towards creating a
> new AMQP 1.0 JMS client based around Proton and implementing a JMS mapping
> for AMQP as being documented by the OASIS AMQP Bindings & Mappings TC.
> Timothy Bish, one of the committers/PMC members at the Apache ActiveMQ
> project, is going to join me working on this effort going forward.
>
> Tim has previously done a lot of work on an JMS 1.1 AMQP 1.0 client using
> Proton for AMQP 1.0 support, with his existing code being available at
> https://github.com/tabish121/NeutronJMS/tree/amqp-only. The code base is
> markedly further along in terms of the wider client such as
> Connection/Session/Producers/Consumers when compared to the existing work
> here at Qpid, which has concentrated initially more on message
> implementation and mapping.

The Qpid PMC voted to grant Tim, a long standing ActiveMQ contributor
and PMC member, commit rights to Qpid to facilitate this valuable
collaboration between the projects.

Welcome Tim, and thanks very much for your help on this!

Re: Welcome Tim Bish as a Qpid committer (was Re: Proton-based AMQP 1.0 JMS client collaboration)

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 02:18:56PM +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
> The Qpid PMC voted to grant Tim, a long standing ActiveMQ contributor and
> PMC member, commit rights to Qpid to facilitate this valuable collaboration
> between the projects.
>
> Welcome Tim, and thanks very much for your help on this!

Congratulations, Tim. :D

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/

Re: Welcome Tim Bish as a Qpid committer (was Re: Proton-based AMQP 1.0 JMS client collaboration)

Posted by Fraser Adams <fr...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 15/09/14 14:58, Timothy Bish wrote:
> Great, thanks for giving me a chance to contribute to the project,
> looking forward to working with you all.

Welcome Tim, cross-pollination is a fantastic opportunity for wider AMQP
adoption as well as being great for Qpid.

Frase

Re: Welcome Tim Bish as a Qpid committer (was Re: Proton-based AMQP 1.0 JMS client collaboration)

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.

Re: Welcome Tim Bish as a Qpid committer (was Re: Proton-based AMQP 1.0 JMS client collaboration)

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
Welcome Tim!

-Chuck

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.