Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Nikita Amelchev <na...@apache.org> on 2021/04/26 19:07:36 UTC

[VOTE][EXTENSION] Release Apache Ignite performance-statistics-ext and spring-data-all-ext extensions 1.0.0 RC2

Dear Ignite Community,

I have uploaded a release candidate of the following extension modules:

performance-statistics-ext
spring-data-ext
spring-data-2.0-ext
spring-data-2.2-ext
spring-data-commons

The release candidate of the performance-statistics-ext extension:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ignite/ignite-performance-statistics-ext/1.0.0-rc2/

The following staging can be used for testing:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheignite-1513

Tags were created:

ignite-performance-statistics-ext-1.0.0-rc2
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite-extensions.git;a=commit;h=26fedfad954852a59f15bbd8f5b65708901f8cfe

ignite-spring-data-ext-1.0.0-rc2
ignite-spring-data-2.2-ext-1.0.0-rc2
ignite-spring-data-2.0-ext-1.0.0-rc2
ignite-spring-data-commons-1.0.0-rc2
ignite-spring-data-all-ext-1.0.0-rc2
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite-extensions.git;a=commit;h=471d7f388c7ad38fc651523f3d68f271235226bd

RELEASE NOTES:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite-extensions.git;a=blob;f=RELEASE_NOTES.txt;h=22f8d665c194ba2dfa6167354d97ad53d5ef206f;hb=c8de80ee14d1fb76d6cbb0b18513bb70b499c3cb

DOCUMENTATION:
Documentation of listed extensions was updated in the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=-1&jql=key%20in%20(IGNITE-14417%2CIGNITE-14398%2CIGNITE-14493)

The vote is formal, see voting guidelines
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

+1 - to accept all the Apache Ignite performance-statistics-ext and
spring-data-all-ext extensions 1.0.0-rc1 listed in the thread
0 - don't care either way
-1 - DO NOT accept either of the Apache Ignite
performance-statistics-ext and spring-data-all-ext extensions
1.0.0-rc1 (explain why)

The vote will hold for 3 days and will end on April 29 2021 20:00 UTC
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20210429T20&p0=1440&font=cursive

--
Best wishes,
Amelchev Nikita

Re: [VOTE][EXTENSION] Release Apache Ignite performance-statistics-ext and spring-data-all-ext extensions 1.0.0 RC2

Posted by Nikita Amelchev <na...@apache.org>.
Hello, Ilya.

Extensions are released separately from the Ignite. So, they can not
be included in the Ignite binaries. See IEP-36 [1] for more details.

Already released Spring and streaming extensions are available only in maven.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-36%3A+Modularization

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Posted by Mikhail Petrov <pm...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Ilya.

      �
<url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheignite-1513/</url>

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Posted by Nikita Amelchev <na...@apache.org>.
Igniters,

I have found that the ASF release policy [1] says that each released
package must contain sources. The RC2 does not contain sources for
Spring extensions and will be canceled. Sources for each extension
module will be published to SVN.

Also, I will create separate voting threads for the performance
statistics and spring extensions.

[1] https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#source-packages

Posted by Nikita Safonov <ns...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Denis,

--
*Nikita Safonov*
Technical Writer,

Re: [VOTE][EXTENSION] Release Apache Ignite performance-statistics-ext and spring-data-all-ext extensions 1.0.0 RC2

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.