Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Brent Clark <bc...@tendrilinc.com> on 2014/11/21 22:00:07 UTC

VMs not Expunging

Hello, I have an issue were a number of vms are in "Expunging" state and
have been for days. The KVM host they lived on crashed and isnt coming
back. I had to force remove the host from the cluster. This left the vms in
the CloudStack Manager in a destroyed state. 24hrs later they moved to
"Expunging" state and have been there since. (~3days now)

>From within the CloudStack manger, there is no option to do anything with
them because they are in "Expunging" state.

How do I get rid of these entries?

Thanks!

--
Brent S. Clark
Senior Cloud & Infrastructure Systems Engineer

2580 55th St.  |  Boulder, Colorado 80301
www.tendrilinc.com  |  blog <http://www.tendrilinc.com/news-room/blog/>
<http://www.tendrilinc.com/>

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.
The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Re: VMs not Expunging

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Brent.  What version of CS is this, and what is the status of the
primary storage for the VMs?  Were they on local storage (i.e. are the
VM disks all gone along with the dead host)?

Best regards,
Kirk

RE: VMs not Expunging

Posted by Michael Phillips <mp...@hotmail.com>.