Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Jerome <je...@ibt.unam.mx> on 2013/10/22 01:04:15 UTC

Hadoop-2.2 getting started, how to init a HDFS server on single node?

Dear all

I'm was using hadoop-1.2 for some project, and be very enthousiast. Now,
i want to switch to the new version 2.2, with Yarn. But reading the
Getting Started document, i'm facing a "egg and chicken" problem: in the
"Setting up a Single Node Cluster", it is asuming that we get HDFS
running... and in the HDF User guide, as a Prerequisites, we need to
have configured at least on single cluster node

Who can explain me a little how to begin with hadoop-2.2?

Best regards!
--
-- Jérôme
Quand on s'en va pour la première fois,