Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ugo Vasi <ug...@procne.it> on 2017/04/06 14:02:48 UTC

Change scope of storage pool

Hello guys,
I would like to know if it's possible change the scope of a storage pool
(primary storage server) from CLUSTER to ZONE.
I need to migrate some vm from an old storage to new one but the scope
differ.

Regards
Ugo

--

   U g o   V a s i    <ug...@procne.it>
   P r o c n e  s.r.l    >)

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate e
confidenziali ed � vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita.
Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio �
destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandocene
gentilmente comunicazione.
Per qualsiasi informazione si prega di contattare support@procne.it .
Rif. D.L. 196/2003

Re: Change scope of storage pool

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
This is another way to go. However, it is quite a hacking.
Do not forget that the hypervisor you are using has to have zone wide
primary storage support from ACS. I am not sure if every hypervisor has
such support.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Change scope of storage pool

Posted by Sergey Levitskiy <Se...@autodesk.com>.

    --
    Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Change scope of storage pool

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.
If I recall correctly (I might be wrong though), I thought you had to detach the volumes from the VM before you could do this, hence why I suggest the VM migrate call instead, as it handles figuring out the attached volumes.

- Si
________________________________

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Change scope of storage pool

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Change scope of storage pool

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.
Honestly, I've never tried to see if this would work.

So you can migrate to a different cluster, so why don't you setup up a couple of hosts in a different cluster tied to your new primary storage. You can then stop the vm, migrate it to the new cluster (Cloudstack uses secondary storage to do this by copying the image from primary -> secondary -> new primary.

- Si