Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dmitry Brigadirov <dm...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/11 15:11:50 UTC

axis2: security sample (about the names)

I've asked about generating own certificates for Axis here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=115770741811175&w=2
and was pointed to the page "Setting Up Keystores for a Client and a
Service".

I've managed to generate a working keystroke, but they only work with names
"alice" and "bob" as in the example.

If I change the name (in axis2.conf, PWClass.class, certificate) - client
side works fine, but service replies with Unexpected number of X509Data: for
Signature

Am I wrong anywhere?
Thanks
--
Dmitry Brigadirov

[rampard]Sygniture Algorithm Failure

Posted by Angel Cholchev <a....@bg.seeburger.com>.
    Hello,
I have the fallowing exception when I try to sign the envelope with
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#dsa-sha1 algorithm.  It is strange,
that the signing works perfeclty when I set
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#rsa-sha1 as a signing algorithm.

        org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignatureException: not a
DSA private key: SunJSSE RSA private CRT key:

My key entry uses SHA1withDSA as signiture algorithm. Can anyone point
me, where the problem might be?
Thanks in advance,
     Angel Cholchev

Re: [Rampart]Supported Algorithms?

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 9/12/06, Angel Cholchev <a....@bg.seeburger.com> wrote:
>     Hello again,
> I've read carefully
> http://ws.apache.org/axis2/modules/rampart/1_0/security-module.html.
> I'm  concerned about the Signature and Digest algorithms(which are not
> described in this document). Are these algorithms supported as options
> or are they hardcoded.I also have noticed some problems with the
> encryption algorithms. When I use trip168 and aes128 rampart works
> great, but when I set aes192 or aes256 the handler throws an exception.
> Are these algorithms supported?

You have to enable JCE Unlimited Strength Policy using "Java
Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy
Files" to be able to use AES192 and AES256.

The algorithms you can use can be found in the WSConstants class here [1]

Thanks,
Ruchith

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/wss4j/trunk/src/org/apache/ws/security/WSConstants.java

www.ruchith.org

[Rampart]Supported Algorithms?

Re: axis2: security sample (about the names)

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dmitry,

Please check whether the value of the "<user>" element of the
services.xml is the alias of the private key you want to use at the
service to sign the response.

Thanks,
Ruchith

--
www.ruchith.org

Re: axis2: security sample (about the names)

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Please try this:

http://www.wso2.net/kb/116

--