Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michel Van Asten <mi...@projections.be> on 2004/03/01 11:51:03 UTC

struts and DHTML

Hi,

maybe the question is of topic but.

I need to mix javascript in my strut application.
I am looking some DHTML taglibs that would help me to build "proper" javascript code for things like DHTML menus...

Does it exist ?

I also try to develop my own tags with java forte CE  It works ... but when I try to use style I got a strange behavior

I output this code to the JSPWriter ::
style="{background-color:red; border-style: solid;  border-width: 1;  border-color:blue;}"

and thats what I get in my Browser ::

style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: blue; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: blue; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: blue; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: blue"

Any idea ?

Regards,

Michel Van Asten

Re: struts and DHTML

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com>.
You want to put all the stuff that you need to be dynamic in div with
id's .. then layer the javascript and css on after. This will allow you
to get a minimal version running (no dhtml) and get the dhtml stuff
running on one browser at a time.

Trying to throw it all in together will push your deadline beyond a
measurable time span. So server-side user agent detection would be
useful, as then you can hide-show dynamic bits when the page is loaded.
Beyond that there's no fixed way of going about the problem, and i
doubt that forte or any tag lib will do it for you.