Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by jamiebarrow <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/25 17:33:03 UTC

Using pre-existing Maven local repository in Archiva

Hi,

I've been trying to use my Maven local repository on my machine as a
repository in Archiva, with no luck so far.

As mentioned in
http://www.nabble.com/HTTP-ERROR-500---Unable-ot-fetch-artifact-resource-td23707342.html
my one previous post , I have tried adding the Maven repository as an
Archiva managed repository, by just referring to the Maven repository's file
path as my managed repository's file path.

I then re-scanned the managed repository and it picked up the artifacts
fine. I couldn't browse to the artifacts at first though, I had to add an
observer role to the Guest account. But then I was able to browse the
artifacts, however COULD NOT DOWNLOAD ANY ARTIFACTS.

I couldn't get any information as to why this was happening, hence the

I also tried adding my local Maven repository as a non-managed, remote
repository in Archiva, and added a connector to the default internal Archiva
repository, and made it the top connector in the list. This seemed to work,
as when I did a Maven build on a client, who is using Archiva as a mirror,
it began to download artifacts... but stopped, giving the below error:

--------

Project ID: null:maven-plugin-api:jar:null

Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.maven:maven for project:
null:maven-plugin-api:jar:null for project null:maven-plugin-api:jar:null
---------

But now, I don't know what causes this either. I think that perhaps it is an
error to use the Maven local repository as a remote repository in Archiva
since it may be a different structure? And so I'm starting to think the
first way is the way to do it, but I can't get it to work.

Has anybody got this to work -- Using an already existing local repository
as an Archiva repository? Please let me know how, it must be a use-case of
Archiva, surely.. I must be missing some configuration.

I have been using the front-end solely for configuration, and been using
Archiva 1.2.

Cheers,

James