Posted to announce@apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2013/08/20 14:19:17 UTC

(Unknown)

The Apache Directory team is pleased to announce the release of
ApacheDS 2.0.0-M15, the fifteenth milestone towards a 2.0 version.

ApacheDS is an extensible and embeddable directory server entirely
written in Java, which has been certified LDAPv3 compatible by the
Open Group. Besides LDAP it supports Kerberos 5 and the Change
Password Protocol. It has been designed to introduce triggers, stored
procedures, queues and views to the world of LDAP which has lacked
these rich constructs.

Here is the release note for Apache Directory ApacheDS 2.0.0-M15:

Bugs

DIRSERVER-1325 - Simple Authentication can not be disabled
DIRSERVER-1490 - Not 100% sure, but the DN caches we have in the
Downloads are available here
DIRSERVER-1871 - Logging Not Working in M14
DIRSERVER-1872 - The JournalInterceptor is not present in the configuration
DIRSERVER-1874 - Persistent search is not considering the scope of the search
DIRSERVER-1875 - Persistent search is not filtering the attributes
before returning entries
DIRSERVER-1879 - Incorrect check on result code done in the
PwdModifyResponseImpl constructor
DIRSERVER-1880 - ApacheDS failed to start on boot
DIRSERVER-1882 - KertabEncoder.write() method should take into account
the size of the entries list to determine the buffer size
DIRSERVER-1883 - Searching for entries starting at the rootDSE does not work

Improvements

DIRSERVER-1049 - [PERF] Speed improvement in Search operation
DIRSERVER-1519 - [perf] The MoveAndRename operation is not optimal

Note that this is a milestone, and some parts of the API or
configuration can change before the 2.0 GA. We don't have any defined
time frame for the 2.0-G1 release, we do expect to release a few more
milestones before reaching the 2.0-GA.

Website : http://directory.apache.org/apacheds

Download : http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/downloads.html

User's Guide : http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-users-guide.html