Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/01 03:03:01 UTC

Re: Status of the external user/permission management work?

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 4:06 AM, Phillip Rhodes
<mi...@cpphacker.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Dave and crew, just wondering where Roller trunk stands in regards to
>  the work done to externalize user/permission management[1]?  I see that
>  it has been implemented on trunk[2], but just wondering if this area is
>  now seen as relatively stable, or if it's an area where significant
>  changes are still anticipated?
>
>  [1]  <http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Proposal+Externalize+User+And+Permissions+Management>
>
>  [2]
>  <https://issues.apache.org/roller/browse/ROL-1534>
>  I'm interested in creating an implementation of UserManager that works
>  in the "CASified" scenario that we are using for OpenQabal, but don't
>  want to bother if these interfaces and what-not are still rapidly evolving.

The proposal has been implemented in the trunk and has gone through
some testing.

David Jencks is working on a patch that fixes some bugs and makes some
additional changes. The first version of the patch did make some small
changes in the UserManager interface. Its not clear when/if that will
make it into the trunk.

- Dave