Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Clase <Mi...@hummingbird.com> on 2004/09/16 16:10:41 UTC

Axis C++ questions

I have an existing web service (written in Java), and I need to talk to it
from a C++ client.  I am evaluating Axis C++ to see if it can do what I
need.

I am trying to generate client stubs from the WSDL, and I am running into a
few problems.

There seem to be a couple of things in the WSDL that are causing problems:

1. The WSDL defines some complex types
2. The WSDL uses the type apachesoap:DataHandler, which I think means that
the Soap with Attachements is being used.  (The methods in question are
intended to transfer documents to the server).

When I remove all the complex types from the WSDL, but leave the
apachesoap:DataHandler parameter, I get the following error:

   org.apache.axis.wsdl.wsdl2ws.WrapperFault: unregisterd type
{http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap}DataHandler refered

With the complex types left in, I get:

org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.ElementDecl.getMinOccrs()

Is it possible to do what I want with Axis C++?
Does it support Soap with Attachments and complex types?
If it is possible, any hints on how to get it to work?

Thanks,
Michael Clase

--
Michael Clase
Hummingbird

Re: Axis C++ questions

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Michael,
    Axis C++ does support complex types in WSDL. However it does not support attachments at the moment.
    Hence you would not be able to use Axis C++ client to send an attachment to server.
Regards,
Samisa...