Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> on 2013/01/14 23:01:29 UTC

Fix ZkCLI examples in wiki...

Before I make this change, I wanted to confirm that for the example ZkCLI commands listed:
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud#line-351

that the commands should look like:

java -classpath example/solr-webapp/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/*: org.apache.solr.cloud.ZkCLI -cmd upconfig -zkhost 127.0.0.1:9983 -confdir example/solr/collection1/conf -confname conf1 -solrhome example/solr

The change is adding /webapp/ to the path, and adding a : after the * character.

Eric

Eric Pugh | Principal | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com
Co-Author: Apache Solr 3 Enterprise Search Server available from http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.

Re: Fix ZkCLI examples in wiki...

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Why the colon? Shouldn't we put that in quotes to avoid the os doing it's autocomplete instead? Does the colon add the current directory like . ? Do we actually need that?

Shouldn't this work?:

java -classpath "example/solr-webapp/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/*" org.apache.solr.cloud.ZkCLI -cmd upconfig -zkhost 127.0.0.1:9983 -confdir example/solr/collection1/conf -confname conf1 -solrhome example/solr

- Mark