Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Joseph P. Crotty" <jc...@attbi.com> on 2002/12/25 06:25:43 UTC

mod_perl && php && apache || !

Recently I gave php a go.  While playing with it I was unable to find any documentation pertaining to how it interacts with apache
(e.g. php provides some nice session functions and cookie handling, but doesn't explain at exactly which phases of the apache
request loop it's interacting with apache, in this sense it is more of a pure abstraction then mod_perl).

I don't' want to discuss the merits of php vs. mod_perl!

Would it be reasonable to set up apache with both mod_perl and php and use php mostly for the sake of embedding say database data
and then writing mod_perl handlers for the rest, or is this recipe fraught with disaster??

Joe Crotty

RE: mod_perl && php && apache || !

Posted by "Beau E. Cox" <be...@beaucox.com>.
Hi -

While converting a site to mod_perl/mason from php, I had varying
degrees of the site using php and mod_perl with no problems.

I think you would be safe. But remenber "Perl Rules!" and
"mod_perl rocks!"  :)

Aloha => Beau.