Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by sgjava <sg...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/15 04:23:22 UTC

org.apache.tomee.embedded.Container deployment issues

If I use container.deployClasspathAsWebApp("/tomee-jaxrs-test", new
File("target/tomee-jaxrs-test-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT")) from my Maven project it
looks like it tries to deploy, but I get a 404 with the same URL that works
with javax.ejb.embeddable.EJBContainer.

INFO: using context file
C:\Users\sgoldsmith\Documents\NetBeansProjects\tomee-jaxrs-test\target\tomee-jaxrs-test-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT\META-INF\context.xml
Aug 14, 2015 10:20:34 PM org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder
deployWebApps
INFO: using default host: localhost
Aug 14, 2015 10:20:34 PM org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder init
INFO: ------------------------- localhost -> /tomee-jaxrs-test

I also used container.deployClasspathAsWebApp("/tomee-jaxrs-test", new
File("src/main/webapp")), but it doesn't look like the service is actually
deployed. I updated my Github project if you want to take a look.

https://github.com/sgjava/tomee-jaxrs-test.git

Re: org.apache.tomee.embedded.Container deployment issues

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.
OK, project up on Github https://github.com/sgjava/my-jaxrs-test This in
case someone wants to see how client timeouts and basic auth work with unit
tests :)

--
Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: org.apache.tomee.embedded.Container deployment issues

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.
Ughhh, it figures I'd pick a bad prefix for a test project. I'll change it
and put it on Github as a new project.

--
Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: org.apache.tomee.embedded.Container deployment issues

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.
Oh, does the "-" mess things up?

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 10:33 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> you use deployclasspath so the classpath is scanned so your project ends
> scanned as tomee-jaxrs-test but tomee-* are ignored.
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> <http://www.tomitribe.com>

> > I'm using <artifactId>tomee-jaxrs-test</artifactId>, same as the context,
> > but
> > would that matter since default dir is inside this dir? Why would it be
> > different from javax.ejb.embeddable.EJBContainer?
> >

> > --

Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: org.apache.tomee.embedded.Container deployment issues

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sgjava <sg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
guess it can be cause your project is called tomee-something

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>