Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by "Yu, Tao" <Ta...@aware.com> on 2015/03/16 14:40:39 UTC

Check out source and build Ambari

Hi,

I'd like to check out Ambari source code/layout, and build Ambari by myself. Where can I find the latest information/doc to do this?

I saw different sources on wiki like:

1.        https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+Development

2.       https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Build+and+install+Ambari+1.7.0+from+Source

Not sure which one is the right way to go?

Thanks,
-Tao

RE: Check out source and build Ambari

Posted by "Yu, Tao" <Ta...@aware.com>.
Thanks Jayush!

One more question: Can we use the newer version of JDK (like v1.8) instead of JDK v1.6 (as the wiki mentions)?