Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Jitendra Kharche <Ji...@geometricsoftware.com> on 2005/09/13 11:19:16 UTC

RollingFileAppender does not roll

Hi,

I am facing a problem with DailyRollingFileAppender. It does not roll.
When Log4j tries to roll the file at midnight, following error occurs

[9/13/05 0:00:00:195 GMT+05:30] 5ad73074 SystemErr     R log4j:ERROR
Failed to rename [C:/logs/debug-log.txt] to
[C:/logs/debug-log.txt.2005-09-12].

I am having a web application deployed in Websphere. My application has
a threaded class which keeps on logging periodically. The application
may have multiple instances of this threaded class. However when the
error occured there was only one instance running.

Please help me. My log file is growing in MBs.

Regards,
Jitendra

Re: RollingFileAppender does not roll

Posted by 洪春植 <ho...@solutions.sh>.
see if you can rename your logfile manually,
if can't, may be your threaed class dosen't close the logfile properly.

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:49:16 +0530
"Jitendra Kharche" <Ji...@geometricsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing a problem with DailyRollingFileAppender. It does not roll.
> When Log4j tries to roll the file at midnight, following error occurs
>
> [9/13/05 0:00:00:195 GMT+05:30] 5ad73074 SystemErr     R log4j:ERROR
> Failed to rename [C:/logs/debug-log.txt] to
> [C:/logs/debug-log.txt.2005-09-12].
>
> I am having a web application deployed in Websphere. My application has
> a threaded class which keeps on logging periodically. The application
> may have multiple instances of this threaded class. However when the
> error occured there was only one instance running.
>
> Please help me. My log file is growing in MBs.
>
> Regards,
> Jitendra

 洪 春植 (こう しゅんしょく)

 E-Mail : hongcz@solutions.sh

 TEL : +86-21-5424-8770 / Mobile : +86-138-1817-4210
 FAX : +86-21-5424-8771
 TV : +86-21-5459-1005

 上海思策軟件有限公司 http://www.solutions.sh