Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Toback <Mi...@chordiant.com> on 2006/05/16 20:52:16 UTC

UDP Discovery mode with JCS 1.2.7.3

Hi,

I am trying to create a JCS cache which will sync up with multiple
caches defined in appserver instances, in this case a WebSphere 6
cluster.

The documentation shows an example configuration to be:

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheFactory

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCa
cheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TransmissionTypeName=TCP

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpListenerPort=1110

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.PutOnlyMode=true

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.UdpDiscoveryAddr=228.5.6.8

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.UdpDiscoveryPort=6780

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.UdpDiscoveryEnabled=true

But the class LateralCacheFactory no longer exists in the jar. Using
LateralTCPCacheFactory produces strange results as well (claiming that
the UdpDiscoveryPort is not a valid multicast address).

Has anyone got this working or can anyone provide an updated example of
how to use this?

Thanks,

Michael Toback

Principal Engineer

Chordiant Software

Cupertino, California

Re: UDP Discovery mode with JCS 1.2.7.3

Posted by Aaron Smuts <as...@yahoo.com>.
The example on this page is good too:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/LateralTCPProperties.html

--- Michael Toback <Mi...@chordiant.com>

Posted by Aaron Smuts <as...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry it looks like the docs are out of date.  There
is no longer a general lateral cache factory.  There
is a TCP lateral cache factory.

The example on this page is good:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/LateralTCPAuxCache.html

But the example on this page is bad:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/LateralUDPDiscovery.html

Your config should look much like this:

# Lateral TCP Distribution with UDP Discovery
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.TCPLateralCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpListenerPort=1118
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.UdpDiscoveryAddr=228.5.6.1
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.UdpDiscoveryPort=6781
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.UdpDiscoveryEnabled=true
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.Receive=true
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.AllowGet=false
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.IssueRemoveOnPut=false
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.FilterRemoveByHashCode=true