Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/08 15:39:57 UTC

Core Release 1.1.5

We should release Core 1.1.5 soon, as it's needed for the next tomahawk release.

Therefore I tested the current trunk against Sun's TCK and fixed all
issues. MyFaces core is new 100 % compatible.

I have some time to prepare the release, but will need help from some
of you (eg. Wendy).

First of all I will create a branch for core 1.1.5 and shared 2.0.5
and start the release process.

-Thomas

--
http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: Core Release 1.1.5

Posted by Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I will run the tests again.

Re: Core Release 1.1.5

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: Core Release 1.1.5

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Wendy!
> If not, Core 1.1.5 can stay at Shared 2.0.4 and can use the same
> Shared branch as Tomahawk 1.1.4.
Hmmm ... but shared will be copied into the core (or tomahawk)
distribution - there is no shared.jar, so I see no advantage of *not*
upgrading to the latest shared. This should not introduce a
incompatibility with any other release. At least this was the idea.

IMHO every release of tomahawk or core should always use the actual
shared, in the worst case, shared should be released at the same time as
core or tomahawk respectively.

Ciao,
Mario

Re: Core Release 1.1.5

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

> Unless someone changed it, the trunk of Core (1.1.5-SNAPSHOT) still
> depends on the 2.0.4 branch of shared, so if all goes well we can use
> it for both Core and Tomahawk.

Martin changed the Shared dependency yesterday in r472050.

  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=472050

Was it changed for a reason, (are there changes on the trunk of Shared
that are needed by the trunk of Core?)

Re: Core Release 1.1.5

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Wendy,
I have submitted a patch to correct the license headers for one of the
core maven projects [1].  As soon as it is committed, I will create
patches for the remaining maven projects.

FYI: I have an internal project that is waiting on the release, so I am
motivated to provided a patch for the remaining projects.

Paul Spencer

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1488?page=all

Re: Core Release 1.1.5

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.