Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Feris Thia <fe...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/07 12:54:18 UTC

Showing Up Console in Linux Environment

Dear All,

I can show up tomcat console after I started the startup.bat batch script.
But when I run startup.sh, it shows nothing. How can I showing up the
console in Linux ? I'm using Mandriva 2005 with Sun's JDK 5.

Feris
PT. Putera Handal Indotama
JL. KH. Moh. Mansyur No. 11 Blok B.8-12
Telp. +62-21-631 6688 (Hunting)
Fax. +62-21-6330211
Jakarta (10140) - INDONESIA

Re: Showing Up Console in Linux Environment

Posted by Feris Thia <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Markus,

On 9/8/06, Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de> wrote:

> Instead of
> startup.sh
> call
> catalina.sh run

This is what I meant. Thank you very much Markus.

Regards

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.
Feris Thia wrote:
> On 9/7/06, William Bonnet <wi...@wbonnet.net> wrote:

> > You can have a look logs file to the catalina.out file. Use tail -f if you
> > want
> > to see logs output to your console.
>
> It's working now. Thanks.
>
> So we cannot directly get output from Tomcat's JVM ?

Instead of
startup.sh
call
catalina.sh run

Regards
  mks

Re: Showing Up Console in Linux Environment

Posted by Feris Thia <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi William,

Posted by William Bonnet <wi...@wbonnet.net>.
Hi

William                  http://www.wbonnet.net

http://www.sunwizard.net Le site français des amateurs de stations Unix
http://www.blastwave.org An OpenSolaris Community Site
http://www.guses.org     French speaking Solaris User Group

Re: Showing Up Console in Linux Environment

Posted by Feris Thia <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi William,

Posted by William Bonnet <wi...@wbonnet.net>.
Hi Feris