Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org> on 2013/11/03 01:53:48 UTC

Re: Default hadoop version for 0.94?

There appear to be significant performance advantages to using Hadoop 1.2.1.
I was just debugging why the VerifyReplication test takes 190s in 0.94 vs. 39s in HBase trunk.
After some debugging it turns out the difference is due to the different default Hadoop versions (0.94 uses 1.0.4, trunk uses 1.2.1).

I have not made the change, yet, but it seems nobody should really use 1.0.x anymore (if possible, of course).

-- Lars