Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2001/05/06 22:37:36 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-proxy/module-2.0 proxy_ftp.c proxy_http.c proxy_util.c

chuck@apache.org wrote:

>   Log:
>   Track Greg's change to byte count for input filters

Wasn't this change veto'ed? There was a problem about filters that alter
the length of the content going through them.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: cvs commit: httpd-proxy/module-2.0 proxy_ftp.c proxy_http.c proxy_util.c

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Sun, 6 May 2001, Graham Leggett wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
>
> > > Wasn't this change veto'ed? There was a problem about filters that alter
> > > the length of the content going through them.
> >
> > There was no official veto, I just explained why it won't work.  :-)
>
> So what will work...? ;)

Put it back the way it was before, where the input filters passed around a
pointer to an int, and fix get_client_block, so that we don't decrement
the r->remaining field twice.  This can be done by simply removing the

r->remaining -= len_read

line from ap_get_client_block.

Ryan
406 29th St.