Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by kh jo <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2011/01/16 20:22:05 UTC

cassandra-cli 0.7 "name" as a column name!

Why can't I use "name" as a column name?

Re: cassandra-cli 0.7 "name" as a column name!

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@riptano.com>.
I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1995 for this.

Thanks for reporting the issue!
- Tyler

Posted by kh jo <jo...@yahoo.com>.
example:

create column family Countries
with comparator=UTF8Type
and column_metadata=[
{column_name: name, validation_class: UTF8Type}
];

this gives the following error:
Command not found: `create column family Countries with comparator=UTF8Type and column_metadata=[ {column_name: name, validation_class: UTF8Type} ];`. Type 'help' or '?' for help.

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@riptano.com>.
You can.